First of all, you need to understand the answer to one question is what is change management? In simple words change management is the process of filtering, implementing, and controlling change. For any change to happen successfully you have to follow the proper planning that will let the change reach its target. Now let’s see the classification of change. According to your goal, you can adopt different types of change management.
- Exceptional – Most of us face the situation in our life that can become the turning point of life for some people. These situations can teach that person in such a way that it can change their thoughts about a particular topic but it will not change the thinking of the individual about other aspects of life. Let’s try to understand this process through a simple example, when an employee needs to change his or her name then they have to do certain document work and they have to change their email address as well. These will not change the position of that particular employee.
- Incremental – Sometimes while working in the organization or working on a project you have to perform some minor changes that will not affect the whole process but they have to be done on time. If we think about the example then updating the technology is the simple and best example that everyone can understand.
- Pendulum – Basically when you move from one direction to exactly the opposite direction is known as a pendulum. Most of the time your office moves from one place to another place that is far away from the place. The current situation is its best example where the physical office has transferred to a digital office. This is a big change and it has to process smoothly.
- Paradigm – As you can see in the current scenario we never thought that the time will come where the whole office will get shifted to one meet and digitalization will become the new norm. The type of change that contains new values, terms, and benefits can become internalized. We can understand this by a simple example, where when a company moves from a synchronous communication method to a hybrid structure that includes both types of communication.
Let’s see how you can perform the change management process? Before adopting any change answer some of the questions by yourself such as, what are your target and why you need to accomplish that goal? How the change that you are going to implement will become beneficial for your company or for your organization through which processes.
When you get an answer to all these questions then you will understand some topics. You must have observed the change management journey of various business leaders through which it is clear that if you settle a perfect target for your initiative then it becomes easy for you to find out various factors affecting it. As you know with work comes mistakes and work becomes easiest and successful if you already know the mistakes. So here let’s see some missteps that you should avoid while doing change management drive:
- If you try to implement any change by ignoring the opinion of your supporters then the change will not take place in the way you wish it to be performed. Therefore always make sure that your supporters know about your initiative and they are fully on your side.
- Sometimes what happens is due to poor communication among the people leads to failure of project or idea. Always make sure that you are not making communication difficult for others. Make your communication about the change specific, precise, clear, and efficient.
- As you know the key performance indicator that is KPIs are the essential factors for the successful change as they provide the perfect starting point, destination, and successful result. You have to set some examples of success so that it will be easy for your organization to look for the desired output of a particular change without any lack of measurement.
- As you whenever the company launches any new product they first think about the effect of a product on the person who is going to use it and after that, they think about the product. The same formula applies in the case of change management if don’t think about the persona that will affect you the most after implementing this change then your change will not have the desired output.
Read also:- Not Just Neha-Rohanpreet: 8 Couples Where The Man Is Younger Than The Woman & It’s OK
Now you must have understood different types of change and how you can implement the change by avoiding some important mistakes. Therefore perform the change management by keeping these things in mind and get the desired output.
Gate-Maker.com is a tech support company with a vision to inform, empower, and showcase Tech Entrepreneurs in order to bridge the gap between starting and becoming successful Tech Entrepreneurs.